Are you a local charity or non-profit in Halifax? Do you want to know how to get involved with 100 Women Who Care Halifax? Well you’ve come to the right place. Read on to find out how WE can help YOU.
How can charitable organizations access funds donated by the members of 100 Women Who Care
- Members nominate a charitable organization for consideration upon registering to join our Halifax Chapter and each quarter while they are a member in good standing.
- Nominations are created as a draw and 3 are randomly drawn prior to the event. Representatives are notified and asked to make a 5 minute presentation at the meeting and members vote. The organization with the greatest amount of votes is the recipient of the funds that evening and is removed from the selection process in the future.
Does your organization meets our nomination criteria?
- Based in the Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM).
- It must be a registered not-for-profit or charitable organization eligible to provide tax receipts for donations.
- It must be previously established for at least 1 year (no start-ups).
- If a National or International charity, 100% of the money they would receive from us MUST go back into the HRM. It can be used to start a new initiative, but no funds are to be spent outside of the Halifax Regional Municipality. Organizations will be asked what the project is when vetted, and if it is not HRM based, they will be removed from the nomination pool.
- An organization that is selected for the group donation may not be considered again. The exception is a specific program within a large organization (for example a specific department or program within a hospital), which may be considered again after one year for a different program or department.
- Members nominate a charitable organization for consideration upon registering to join our Halifax Chapter.
- Nominations are created as a draw and 3 are drawn prior to the event. Representatives are asked to make a 5 minute presentation at the meeting and members vote. The organization with the greatest amount of votes is the recipient of the funds and is removed from the selection process in the future.
We, the members of 100 Women Who Care, are a passionate, engaged bunch. We support causes we feel connected to, give back to our community in a meaningful way and have a message that resonates with us. We may not always have the time to volunteer with your organization, but we want to learn as much as we can and support however we can. And with the 100 Women Who Care model, that means a cash donation that goes right into your pocket. No red-tape and no hassle.
Take the time to connect with us online. Let our members know who you are, what services you provide to our community and generally why the organization you work for is the best around. You can find us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and YouTube. The more we know about you, the more likely it is that you’ll be nominated.